This HONOR Platform Privacy Statement(hereinafter referred to as "the Privacy Statement" or "this Privacy Statement") applies to you personally and your use of the platform at www.hihonor.com/sa-en/ ("the Platform" or "this Platform"), which is a platform consisting of our corporate website and HONOR Club. You can visit us via mobile APP or login our website to get latest news and updates of Honor phones, apps, themes, reviews, tutorials etc.
This Platform is provided by Honor Saudi Trade Co., a company duly incorporated and existing under the laws of Saudi Arabia, with its registered office located at 2nd Floor, 6807-6837 Al Ilmin, Ghirnatah, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and whose registered number is 7026399613 (hereinafter referred to as "Honor", "we", "us" or "our").
As the data controller, we understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
This Platform is intended for use by adults. However, for the use of Honor products and services by children, we are fully aware of the importance of taking extra preventive measures to protect privacy and security. Honor identifies whether data subjects are children based on the age of majority defined by laws of the local countries and regions.
This Statement describes:1. What Data Do We Collect About You?2. How Do We Use Your Data?3. How Do We Store Your Data?4. How Do We Share Your Data?5. Which Device Permissions Do We Need?6. What are Your Rights and Options?7. How to Contact Us?8. How Do We Update This Statement?
In HONOR Platform services, we shall collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this Statement. Personal data refers to any data that enables us to identify you as a user.
We will collect and process the following data:
• Account information, including Account ID, User ID, Email, Mobile Phone Number, Nickname, Username, Profile Picture.
• Contact information, including Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Postcode, Country, City, Detail Address.
• Device Details, including Device Model, Details of Damage/Fault, Date of Activation, IMEI Number, Serial Number, Proof of Purchase, Push Token.
• Network Information, including IP Address.
• Customer Service Information, including Nickname, Contact Details (Name, Phone Number and Email Address), A Record of your Honor Support Query by Email, Live Chat, Web Form, My Honor APP, Hotline or Social Media Direct Messages.
• Club Participation Information, including Nickname, Points, Posts, Comments, Likes, Shares, Private Messages, Achievements, Following, Followers, Club Level, Votes, Ad Hoc Information.
• Service Usage Information, including Browsing Records, Clicking Records, IP Address, Search Keyword, Click Activities, URL/Pageview Path, Page Access Time, Cookie ID/Session ID.
To provide you with the requested services, we process the following data for the associated purposes. Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, you will no longer be able to use the relevant service(s) if you refuse the processing of your personal data for these services.
1. Log-in: If you choose to log in with your account ID (HONOR ID, Google ID), we will process the information contained in the account ID to provide you access to the services you are logged in to. The profile picture and nickname associated with your account ID will be displayed in your posts, messages, comments, likes and your other engagements in the HONOR Club. If you do not want to log in with your account ID, you can continue to use the Platform and purchase products using the guest check-out.
Please note that your HONOR ID Information is shared with us by Honor Information Technology Co., Limited, who is the data controller of your HONOR ID.
2. Provide customer service including in-warranty repairs: To check your device is within Honor’s limited warranty and repair in-warranty devices, and to communicate with you regarding your repairment, we will process your device details and customer service information. When you query spare parts prices and service centre, we will process your device data, location information, and order information.
3. Book and track repairs: We will process your account ID information, order information, contact information, device details, and customer services information to enable you to book and track your repairment online or through our customer services, and to collect and deliver devices from your home address or selected collection point.
4. HONOR Club membership reward or if we conduct prize promotions or competitions on HONOR Club, your personal data will be processed for the contract fulfilment (prize promotion or competition terms and conditions). Within the reward program, prize promotion, or competition we only process the data you provide for the prize promotion or competition or that is necessary for the procedure of the prize promotion or competition. This concerns in particular: the user profile to determine the winner, contact information to transmit the prizes (e.g., name, address, e-mail address), and any additional information relevant to the prize promotion or competition (e.g., age, exclusions, previous participations, your entries submitted via third-party social media platforms in relation to promotions promoted and administered by HONOR Club, etc.).
In addition, we will use your personal data for the following purposes based on your consent:
1. Customer inquiries: We will process your account information and customer service information to assist you with your questions and queries, troubleshooting, FAQs, and all other customer inquiries.
3. To enhance the user experience, Honor may invite you to participate in surveys or questionnaires after you have been using the HONOR product for a period of time. We collect your device details, region, and language settings through this Platform to analyze your experience during HONOR product use.
4. Callback requests: If you ask us to contact you, we will collect and process your name, telephone number, and email address with your consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal. For further details, please see section 5: What are Your Rights and Options.
Additionally, we will process your personal data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including tax and accounting requirements, and to establish or defend our legal rights and/or to prevent, detect and pursue potential fraud attempts or cyber-attacks.
We store your data in data centers located in Singapore.
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this Statement.
The specific retention time of your personal data in relation to this Platform is set out below:
• Account information: We retain your account information until you deregister your account, until the service is suspended, or your account is terminated for any other reasons.
• Club participation:Nickname, Points, Shares, Private Messages, Achievements, Following, Followers, Club Level, Votes, Ad Hoc Information are retained until you close your Club account.
• Customer service information: We retain your customer service information for up to 24 months from the date of your query, in order to be able to assist with your ongoing and recent enquiries. Chat record, email content and hotline record will be retained for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us.
• Service usage information: we retain your service usage information for 2 years.
• Contact Information, Device Details and Delivery Information for service: We retain your Contact Information, Device Details and Delivery Information for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us (including the last time of communication by us for after-sales services), provided that no service has occurred between you and us within the said two years.
Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
We may share your data in the following circumstances:
• Sharing within group companies:
1. To check whether your device is within warranty, we will share your IMEI/SN number and proof of purchase with our Chinese manufacturing company Honor Device Co., Ltd., which records the date of activation of your device. We will also share non-personally identifiable information, such as device model and broken parts, with Honor Device Co., Ltd., for the purposes of spare parts forecasting and repair supplier settlement.
2. The routine maintenance and operations of our IT systems is provided by Honor Device Co., Ltd., in China.
• Sharing with service providers which act as the data controller in the respective scenarios:
Name, Phone Number, Postcode, Email, Shipping Address
To deliver or collect devices or invoice
• Our third-party suppliers, who provide us with Email service, SMS, push service and customer services etc, may need to process your data. These third parties are operating under contract and acting on behalf of us. They act as the data processer in the respective scenarios. Specifically, in order to provide Live Chat service to you, we may involve our third party service provider located in Netherlands, where your data will be transferred to.
When you use the services of HONOR Club APP, we may need you to activate some device permissions, such as Storage, Phone, and Camera. The specific purposes are as follows:
When you open HONOR Club for the first time, you can enable this permission to allow us to read, modify, or delete content about these APPs in your SD card or your storage for operations such as saving and downloading files.
Phone (device information) Permission
When you open HONOR Club for the first time, you can enable this permission to allow us to collect device details (as referred previously in section 1).
In order to use the camera function in HONOR Club, you need to enable this permission for taking/uploading photos or videos.
You can manage the permissions from system settings.
You have the following data subject rights and options regarding your personal data:
How to Exercise Your Rights?
Right of Access
You can request a confirmation as to whether personal data about you is processed and you can, where applicable, receive a copy of personal data we process about you.
(1) Please log in to your account by clicking Login/Menu icon on the website/APP and clicking Login/Register.
Right of Portability
You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.
(1) You can exercise your data subject rights by contact us as set out in in section 7.
Right of Erasure
You can have your data erased under certain conditions.
(1) Delete your post information. When you use HONOR Club website/APP, you can click on the Login/Menu icon on the homepage and go to "Activities/My activities".
Right of Rectification
You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.
(1) Correct your personal information (nickname). When you use HONOR Club website/APP, you can click on the Login icon on the "Club" homepage to go to personal center, click on the pencil icon aside the nickname.
You can withdraw consents to the processing of personal data based on your consents.
(1) Withdraw your consent of Notifications. When you use HONOR Club APP, you can go to "Me">"Settings".
Right to Object
You can object to the processing of your data for certain purposes such as direct marketing.
You can exercise your data subject rights by contact us as set out in in section 7.
Right to Restrict Processing
You can restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
You have the right to request for restriction of processing of your data in section 7 under the following scenarios:
If you need to exercise your privacy rights, lodge a complaint about privacy protection, please contact us by visiting the Privacy Questions page, we will reply as soon as possible.
If you believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement or the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country/region.
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Statement in website and/or the app settings as we may update it from time to time. In the event of material changes to this Statement, we will notify you by means of notification dialogs, push messages, emails, and so on, depending on the nature of the change.