Language: English | Melayu
This Privacy Statement applies to you personally and your use of the platform at www.hihonor.com/my/ ("the Platform" or "this Platform"), which is an E-commerce platform consisting of our corporate website, HONOR Store and HONOR CLUB. You can visit us via mobile APP or log in our website to purchase HONOR products and get the latest news and updates of HONOR phones, apps, themes, reviews, tutorials, etc.
This Platform is provided by HONOR TECHNOLOGY (MALAYSIA) SDN. BHD., a company duly incorporated and existing under the laws of Malaysia, with its registered office located at Level 18, Menara Binjai, No. 2 Jalan Binjai, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Registration No. 02101003804 (1404103-P)) (hereinafter referred to as "HONOR", "we", "us" or "our").
As the data controller, we understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
This Platform is not intended for use by users under the age of 18. If you are under 18, you need your guardian to agree to your use of this Platform and agree to the relevant terms thereof.
This Privacy Statement describes:1、What Data Do We Collect About You?2、How Do We Use Your Data?3、How Long Do We Store Your Data?4、How Do We Share Your Data?5、What Are Your Rights and Options?6、Which Device Permissions Do We Need?7、How Do You Contact Us?8、How Do We Update This Privacy Statement?
We may collect and process the following personal data about you, depending on the types of services you use on this Platform:
Such as Account ID, User ID, Email, Mobile Phone Number, Nickname, Username, Profile Picture
Such as Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Postcode, Country, City, Detail Address
Order and Delivery Information
Such as Name, Email Address, Phone Number, Product(s) Ordered, Postcode, Shipping Address, Billing Address, Invoice Details, Order Number, Delivery Number, Tracking Number
Such as Cardholder's Name, Card Number, Expiry Date, Phone Number, SMS Verification Code, CVV Code, Payment Number
Corporate User Information
Such as Company owner Information (Name, Identification Card Number, Passport Number)
Contact Person Information (Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Postal Address)
Such as Product Reviews, Ratings, Comments, Questions and Feedback
Such as Device Model, Details of Damage/Fault, Date of Activation, IMEI Number, Serial Number, Proof of Purchase, Push Token
Such as IP Address
Customer Service Information
Such as Nickname, Contact Details (Name, Phone Number and Email Address), A Record of your Honor Support Query by Email, Live Chat, Web Form, My Honor APP, Hotline or Social Media Direct Messages
Club Participation Information
Such as Nickname, Points, Posts, Comments, Likes, Shares, Private Messages, Achievements, Following, Followers, Club Level, Votes, Ad Hoc Information
Service Usage Information
Such as Browsing Records, Clicking Records, IP Address, Search Keyword, Click Activities, URL/Pageview Path, Page Access Time, Cookie ID/Session ID
To provide you with the requested services and fulfill our contractual obligations to you, we process the following data for the associated purposes. Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, you will no longer be able to use the relevant service(s) if you refuse the processing of your personal data for these services.
If you choose to log in with your account ID (HONOR ID, Google ID), we will process the information contained in the account ID to provide you with access to the services you are logged in to. The profile picture and nickname associated with your account ID will be displayed in your posts, messages, comments, likes and your other engagements in the HONOR CLUB. If you do not want to log in with your account ID, you can continue to use the Platform and purchase products using the guest check-out.
Please note that your HONOR ID Information is shared with us by Honor Technologies Co., Ltd., who is the data controller of your HONOR ID.
(2) Online purchase and delivery: We will process your order information and payment information to process your orders, provide invoices, deliver items, and process returns. We will not retain sensitive payment information such as CVV code. If you choose a card payment service, the card information and the mobile phone number will be encrypted and sent to a third-party payment service provider, and a unique card identification number will be generated by the payment service provider for the card you provided, and we will save the card identification number and associate it with your HONOR account number. At the same time, the payment card number will be de-identified by the payment service provider and sent to us to save, so that you can use the card payment service more conveniently and securely.
(3) Notify Me: If a product is not available, you can click on “notify me” and leave us your email address so that we can notify you when the product is available for purchase.
(4) Corporate purchasing service: When your company registers as an enterprise user of HONOR Store, the registrant (you) of the enterprise is required to provide us with the enterprise user information. If you do not provide such information, we may not be able to contact you and complete the enterprise user verification process.
(5) Provide customer service including in-warranty repairs: To check your device is within HONOR’s limited warranty and repair in-warranty devices, and to communicate with you regarding your repairment, we will process your device details and customer service information. When you query spare parts prices and service centers, we will process your device data, location information, and order information.
(6) Book and track repairs: We will process your account ID information, order information, contact information, device details, and customer services information to enable you to book and track your repairment online or through our customer services and to collect and deliver devices from your home address or selected collection point.
(7) HONOR CLUB membership reward or if we conduct prize promotions or competitions on HONOR CLUB, HONOR Store and our corporate website, your personal data will be processed for the contract fulfillment (prize promotion or competition terms and conditions). Within the reward program, prize promotion, or competition we only process the data you provide for the prize promotion or competition or that is necessary for the procedure of the prize promotion or competition. This concerns in particular: the user profile to determine the winner, contact information to transmit the prizes (e.g., name, address, e-mail address), and any additional information relevant to the prize promotion or competition (e.g., age, exclusions, previous participations, your entries submitted via third-party social media platforms in relation to promotions promoted and administered by HONOR.).
(8) When you search for HONOR Store, we may access your phone device location to determine the closest HONOR Store.
In addition, we will use your personal data for the following purposes based on your consent:
(1) Customer inquiries: We will process your account information and customer service information to assist you with your questions and queries, orders, returns, troubleshooting, FAQs, and all other customer inquiries.
(2) Product reviews, comments, questions, and feedback: We will process your account information and any ratings, comments, questions, or feedback that you post on our product page.
(3) Fraud prevention and monitoring: We will process your account information, order information, payment information, information about returns, and device information to ensure payment security, detect and prevent theft, fraud, financial security hazards, and malicious network attacks.
(4) Business analysis and improvement: We will process your order information, payment information, and device information to measure and improve our services, to forecast stock management, for accounting analysis, to settle invoices from our suppliers and to better understand your interests and needs in order to be able to offer even better and more suitable products and services.
(5) Financial analysis and billing: We will process your order information, payment information, shipping information, and delivery information to analyze tax effects and obligations and to carry out billing and bookkeeping.
(7) To enhance the user experience, HONOR may invite you to participate in surveys or questionnaires after you have been using the HONOR product for a period of time. We collect your device details, region, and language settings through this Platform to analyze your experience during HONOR product use.
(8) If we have obtained your email address and/or phone number in connection with the sale of goods or services, we may use that email address for direct advertising of our own similar goods or services.
(9) Callback requests: If you ask us to contact you, we will collect and process your name, telephone number, and email address with your consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal. For further details, please see section 5: What Are Your Rights and Options.
Additionally, we will process your personal data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including tax and accounting requirements, and to establish or defend our legal rights and/or to prevent, detect and pursue potential fraud attempts or cyber-attacks.
(10) Subscribe: If you click on “SUBSCRIBE” on this Platform and leave us your email address so that we will provide you with the latest offers and information on HONOR products, events, and services.
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this Statement.
The specific retention time of your personal data in relation to this Platform is set out below:
Account information: We retain your account information until you deregister your account, until the service is suspended, or your account is terminated for any other reasons.
Order information, payment information and delivery information: We retain your order information, payment information and delivery information for 7 years from the date of your order, for compliance with related laws and regulations including for tax and accounting purposes.
Product feedback: Product reviews, ratings, comments, questions and feedback that you publish on our product pages are published pseudonymized on our website or as part of our app so that they cannot be assigned to you. They remain published as long as the website, app or product is still up to date.
Club participation: Posts, comments, likes, private messages and votes on HONOR CLUB are retained until you close your Club account or otherwise delete or withdraw the contribution.
Customer service information: We retain your customer service information for up to 24 months from the date of your query, in order to be able to assist with your ongoing and recent inquiries. Chat record, email content and hotline record will be retained for up to 180 calendar days from the date of your last contact with us.
Service usage information: we retain your service usage information for 2 years.
Contact information, device details and delivery information for service: We retain your contact information, device details, and delivery information for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us (including the last time of communication by us for after-sales services), provided that no service has occurred between you and us within the said two years.
In relation to each of the retention periods above you can specifically request for earlier deletion by exercising your rights of objection and erasure under Section 5: What are Your Rights and Options. Requests will be handled in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
Sharing within group companies:
(1) To check whether your device is within warranty, we will share your IMEI/SN number and proof of purchase with our Chinese manufacturing company Honor Device Co., Ltd., which records the date of activation of your device. We will also share non-personally identifiable information, such as device models and broken parts, with Honor Device Co., Ltd., for the purposes of spare parts forecasting and repair supplier settlement.
(2) The routine maintenance and operations of our IT systems are provided by Honor Device Co., Ltd., in China.
(3) We will share your User ID, Tracking Number, Order Number, Shipment Number, and Serial Number with our Chinese manufacturing company Honor Device Co., Ltd. for sales statistics and financial reconciliation.
Sharing with service providers:
Third-party service providers include payment service providers, logistics providers, etc. They act as the data controller in the respective scenarios. We will provide your personal data for lawful, legitimate, necessary, specific, and explicit purposes, and will only provide personal data that is necessary to provide you with our services. We will require our partners not to use personal data for other purposes unless there is another lawful basis.
Name, Phone Number, Postcode, Shipping Address, Billing Address, Order Number, Delivery Number
To deliver or collect devices or invoice
Cardholder's Name, Card Number, Expiry Date, Phone Number, SMS Verification Code, CVV Code, Payment Number
To process your payment
Risk Control Service
Payment Data, Client APP Version, Customer Status, Email Address, IP Address, Address, Mobile Phone, Name, Order Number, ZIP
To protect your payment security
Cardholder's Name, Card Number, Expiry Date, Phone Number, SMS Verification Code, CVV Code, Payment Number
To process your payment
Our third-party suppliers, who provide us with Email service, SMS service, Billing service, Analytic service, Push Service and customer services etc, may need to process your data. These third parties are operating under contract and acting on behalf of us. They act as the data processer in the respective scenarios.
Your personal data is stored in Singapore. However, we may need to share and/or transfer your personal data outside of Singapore for the purposes set out in this Section 4, and you hereby consent to such share or transfer. HONOR complies with all applicable legal requirements to safeguard your personal data transferred outside of Singapore. To share data within our corporate group we have entered into standard contractual clauses to ensure that an equivalent level of data protection applies to your personal data even where the Singapore data protection law does not directly apply.
How to Exercise Your Rights?
Right of Access
You can request a confirmation as to whether personal data about you is processed and you can, where applicable, receive a copy of personal data we process about you.
(1) Please log in to your account by clicking Login/Menu icon on the website/APP and clicking Login/Register.
Right of Portability
You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.
(1) If you need to obtain a digital copy of your personal data on HONOR Store website, you can exercise your data subject rights in “My Account” to request your data.
Right of Erasure
You can have your data erased under certain conditions.
(1) Delete your order information, address information. When you use HONOR Store website/APP, you can click on the Login/Menu icon on the homepage to go to "My Account".
Right of Rectification
You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.
(1) Correct your order information, address information. When you use HONOR Store website/APP, you can click on the Login/menu icon on the homepage and go to "My Account".
You can withdraw consents to the processing of personal data based on your consents.
(1) Withdraw your consent of email subscription. When you use HONOR Store website/APP, you can go to the homepage "My Account".
Right to Object
You can object to the processing of your data for certain purposes such as direct marketing.
You can exercise your data subject rights by contact us as set out in in section 7.
Right to Restrict Processing
You can restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
You have the right to request for restriction of processing of your data in section 7 under the following scenarios:
When you use the services of the HONOR Store and HONOR CLUB APP, we may need you to activate some device permissions, such as Storage, Phone, and Camera. The specific purposes are as follows:
When you open HONOR Store and HONOR Club for the first time, you can enable this permission to allow us to read, modify, or delete content about these APPs in your SD card or your storage for operations such as saving and downloading files.
Phone (device information) Permission
When you open HONOR Club for the first time, you can enable this permission to allow us to collect device details (as referred previously in section 1.6).
In order to use the camera function in HONOR Store and HONOR Club, you need to enable this permission for taking/uploading photos or videos.
You can also disable some or all these permissions in Settings on the device at any time, thereby denying us the collection of your corresponding personal information. How the permissions are displayed or disabled may be different by devices. Please refer to the system description or instructions of your device.
If you need to exercise your privacy rights, lodge a complaint about privacy protection, please contact us by visiting the Privacy Questions page, we will reply as soon as possible.
If you believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement or the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with the data protection authority.
If we update this Privacy Statement, we will let you know in advance about any material changes that will affect how your personal data are processed, by emailing or otherwise contacting you directly.
The most current version of this Privacy Statement will be available here. You can check the “effective date” posted at the top to see when this Privacy Statement was last updated.