This Privacy Statement applies to you personally and your use of the platform at www.hihonor.com/uk/ ("the Platform" or "this Platform"), which is an e-commerce platform consisting of our corporate website, HONOR Store, and HONOR CLUB. You can visit us via the mobile app or log in to our website to purchase HONOR products and get the latest news and updates on HONOR phones, apps, themes, reviews, tutorials, etc.
This Platform is provided by Honor Technologies (UK) Co., Ltd., a company duly incorporated and existing under the laws of England and Wales, with its registered office located at Landmark Office Space, 450 Brook Drive, Green Park, Reading, RG2 6UU, United Kingdom and whose registered number is 13152943 (hereinafter referred to as "HONOR", "we", "us" or "our").
As the data controller, we understand the importance of your privacy. Please take the time to read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand how we will use your personal data.
This Platform is intended for use by adults. However, for the use of HONOR products and services by children, we are fully aware of the importance of taking extra preventive measures to protect privacy and security. HONOR identifies whether data subjects are children based on the age of majority defined by laws of the local countries and regions.
This Privacy Statement describes:1. What Data Do We Collect About You?2. How Do We Use Your Data?3. How Do We Store Your Data?4. How Do We Share Your Data?5. Which Device Permissions Do We Need?6. What Are Your Rights and Options?7. How Do You Contact Us?8. How Do We Update This Privacy Statement?
In the HONOR Platform services, we shall collect and use your personal data only for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement. Personal data refers to any data that enables us to identify you as a user.
We will collect and process the following data:
Account information, including account ID, user ID, email, phone number, nickname, username, and profile picture.
Contact information, including name, email address, phone number, postcode, country, city, and detailed address.
Order and delivery information, including name, email address, phone number, product(s) ordered, postcode, shipping address, billing address, invoice details, order number, delivery number, and tracking number.
Payment information, including cardholder's name, card number, expiry date, phone number, SMS verification code, security code, and payment number.
Product feedback, including product reviews, ratings, and comments.
Device details, including device model, details of damage/fault, date of activation, IMEI number, serial number, proof of purchase, and push token.
Network information, including IP address.
Customer service information, including nickname, contact details (name, phone number, and email address), records of your HONOR Support Query by email, Live Chat, website, hotline, or social media direct messages.
Club participation information, including nickname, points, posts, comments, likes, shares, private messages, achievements, following, followers, Club level, votes, and ad hoc information.
Service usage information, including browsing records, clicking records, IP address, search keyword, URL/pageview path, page access time, and cookie ID/session ID.
To provide you with the requested services and fulfill our contractual obligations to you, we will process the following data for the associated purposes. Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement, you will no longer be able to use the relevant service(s) if you refuse the processing of your personal data for these services.
(1) Log-in: If you choose to log in with your account ID (HONOR ID, Google ID), we will process the information contained in the account ID to provide you with access to the services you are logged in to. The profile picture and nickname associated with your account ID will be displayed in your posts, messages, comments, likes, and other engagements in HONOR CLUB. If you do not want to log in with your account ID, you can continue to use the Platform and purchase products using the guest check-out.
Please note that your HONOR ID information is shared with us by Honor Technologies Germany GmbH, who is the data controller of your HONOR ID.
(2) Online purchase and delivery: We will process your order information and payment information to process your order, provide invoices, deliver items, and process returns. We will not retain sensitive payment information such as security codes. If you choose a card payment service, the card information (cardholder's name, card number, expiry date, security code) and the phone number will be encrypted and sent to a third-party payment service provider, and a unique card identification number will be generated by the payment service provider for the card you provided, and we will store the card identification number and associate it with your HONOR ID. We will also store the de-identified card number sent from the payment service provider and the expiry date to bind your card so that you can enjoy more convenient and secure use of the card payment service. If you choose to checkout with PayPal, your shipping address, postcode , tracking number and payment number will be sent to PayPal to process your payment. If you use PayPal's Express checkout, HONOR will use your name, email address and shipping address saved in your PayPal account to deliver your order and store this information in your HONOR account.
In addition, we will generate Points based on your user ID , order number and order amount when you purchase a point-rewarding product.
(3) Notify me: If a product is not available, you can click on Notify Me and leave us your email address so that we can notify you when the product is available for purchase.
(4) Provide customer services including in-warranty repairs: To check whether your device is within HONOR’s limited warranty, to repair in-warranty devices, and to communicate with you regarding your repairment, we will process your device details and customer service information. When you query spare part prices and service center information, we will process your device data, location information, and order information.
(5) Book and track repairs: We will process your account ID information, order information, contact information, device details, and customer services information to enable you to book and track your repairment online or through our customer services, and to collect and deliver devices from your home address or selected collection point.
(6) To provide HONOR CLUB membership rewards or conduct prize promotions or competitions, your personal data will be processed for the contract fulfillment (terms and conditions of prize promotion or competition). For the reward program, prize promotion, or competition, we only process the data you provide for the prize promotion or competition or that is necessary for the procedure of the prize promotion or competition. This concerns in particular: the user profile to determine the winner, contact information to transmit the prizes (e.g., name, address, e-mail address), and any additional information relevant to the prize promotion or competition (e.g., age, exclusions, previous participations, your entries submitted via third-party social media platforms in relation to promotions, etc.).
(7) Trade-in: If you choose “Trade-in” after you complete an order payment, you need to provide the order number, account information, contact information, and device details to the service provider to get recycling value-added services for new device purchases.
In addition, we will use your personal data for the following purposes based on our legitimate interests:
(1) Customer inquiries: We will process your account information and customer service information to assist you with your questions and queries, orders, returns, troubleshooting, FAQs, and all other customer inquiries.
(2) Product reviews, comments, questions, and feedback: We will process your account information, ratings, and comments that you post on our product pages.
(3) Fraud prevention and monitoring: We will process your account information, order information, payment information, network information, information about returns, and device information to ensure payment security, detect and prevent theft, fraud, financial security hazards, and malicious network attacks.
(4) Business analysis and improvement: We will process your order information, payment information, and device information to measure and improve our services, forecast stock management, conduct accounting analysis, settle invoices from our suppliers, and to better understand your interests and needs to offer better and more suitable products and services.
(5) Financial analysis and billing: We will process your order information, payment information, shipping information, and delivery information to analyze tax effects and obligations and carry out billing and bookkeeping.
You can object to the processing of your personal data for the above purposes at any time. For further details , please see Section 6 "What are Your Rights and Options?".
In addition, we will use your personal data for the following purposes with your consent:
(2) To improve user experience, HONOR may invite you to participate in surveys or questionnaires after you have been using HONOR products for a period. We will collect your device details, region, and language settings through this Platform to analyze your experience during the use of HONOR products.
(3) If we have obtained your email address in connection with the sale of goods or services, we may use that email address for the direct advertising of our similar goods or services.
(4) Callback requests: If you ask us to contact you, we will collect and process your name, telephone number, and email address with your consent.
(5) Subscription: If you click “SUBSCRIBE” on this Platform and leave us your email address, we will provide you with the latest offers and information on HONOR products, events, and services.
(6) Direct marketing: We may use your account identifier, email address, and phone number for sharing promotional information about HONOR products, services, and offers by web push, email, and SMS. You can unsubscribe from SMS by entering the link in SMS messages, unsubscribe from email by entering the link in email messages, and end web push by turning off the Notifications switch in the web browser setting.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal. For further details, please see section 6 "What Are Your Rights and Options?".
Additionally, we will process your personal data as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including tax and accounting requirements, and to establish or defend our legal rights and/or to prevent and detect potential fraud attempts or cyber-attacks.
Your personal data is stored in the EU/EEA. HONOR complies with all applicable legal requirements to safeguard your personal data transferred outside the EEA and UK. To share data within our corporate group we have entered into standard contractual clauses (https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc/standard-contractual-clauses-international-transfers_en) to ensure that an equivalent level of data protection applies to your personal data even when the EEA and UK data protection laws do not directly apply.
We will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this Privacy Statement.
The specific retention periods of your personal data in relation to this Platform are set out below:
• Account information: We retain your account information until you deregister your account, until the service is suspended, or until your account is terminated for any other reasons.
• Order information, payment information, and delivery information: We retain your order information, payment information, and delivery information for 7 years from the date of your order, for compliance with related laws and regulations including for tax and accounting purposes.
• Product feedback: Product reviews, ratings, and comments that you publish on our product pages are published in a pseudonymized manner on our website or as part of our app so that they cannot be assigned to you. They remain published as long as the website, app, or product is still up to date.
• CLUB participation: Nickname, points, shares, private messages, achievements, following, followers, Club level, votes, and ad hoc information are retained until you delete your Club account.
• Customer service information: We retain your customer service information for up to 24 months from the date of your query to assist with your recent and ongoing inquiries. Chat records, email contents, and hotline records will be retained for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us.
• Service usage information: We retain your service usage information for 2 years.
• Contact information, device details, and delivery information for service: We retain your contact information, device details, and delivery information for up to 24 months from the date of your last contact with us (including the last communication by us for after-sales services), provided that no service has occurred between you and us within the said two years.
Once the retention periods expire, we will delete or anonymize your personal data, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
We may share your data in the following circumstances:
Sharing within the corporate group:
(1) To check whether your device is within warranty, we will share your IMEI/SN number and proof of purchase with our Chinese manufacturing company Honor Device Co., Ltd., which records the date of activation of your device. We will also share non-personally identifiable information, such as device models and broken parts, with Honor Device Co., Ltd., for the purposes of spare parts forecasting and repair supplier settlement.
(2) The routine maintenance and operations of our IT systems are provided by Honor Technologies Romania Co., Ltd.
(3) We will share your user ID, tracking number, order number, shipment number, and serial number with our Chinese manufacturing company Honor Device Co., Ltd. for sales statistics and financial reconciliation.
Sharing with service providers which act as the data controller in the respective scenarios:
Name, phone number, postcode, shipping address, billing address, order number, delivery number
To deliver or collect devices or to invoice
Shipping address, postcode, payment number, tracking number
To process your payment
Name, phone number, shipping address, postcode, email address, payment number
To process your installments
|4||Risk control service||Payment data, client app version, customer status, email address, IP address, address, mobile phone, name, order number, ZIP|
|To protect your payment security|
Order number, name, phone number, email address, address, SN, account information
To provide you with a recycling value-add service
Our third-party suppliers, who provide us with email service, SMS service, billing service, analytic service, push service, payment service, risk control service and customer services etc., may need to process your data. These third parties are operating under contract and acting on behalf of us. They act as data processors in the respective scenarios.
When you use the services of the HONOR Store app, we may need you to activate some device permissions, such as Storage and Camera. The specific purposes are as follows:
When you open HONOR Store for the first time, you can enable this permission to allow us to read, modify, or delete content about the app in your SD card or your storage for operations such as saving and downloading files.
To use the Camera function in HONOR Store, you need to enable this permission for taking/uploading photos or videos.
You can also disable some or all these permissions in Settings on the device at any time, thereby denying us the collection of your corresponding personal information. How the permissions are displayed or disabled may be different by the device. Please refer to the system description or instructions for your device.
You have the following data subject rights and options regarding your personal data:
How to Exercise Your Rights?
Right of Access
You can request a confirmation as to whether personal data about you are processed and you can, where applicable, receive a copy of personal data we process about you.
(1) Please log in to your account by clicking or tapping the Login/Menu icon on the website/app and clicking or tapping “Login/Register”.
You can access your order information, address information, account information, and CLUB information in your account.
Right of Portability
You can receive certain data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.
You can exercise your data subject rights by contacting us as set out in section 7.
Right of Erasure
You can have your data erased under certain conditions.
(1) To delete your order information, address information, post information, private message (Message), and notifications, you can click on the Login/Menu icon on the homepage to go to "My Account".
Right of Rectification
You can have your inaccurate data corrected and incomplete data completed.
(1) To correct your address information and post information, you can click on the Login/menu icon on the homepage and go to "My Account".
Right to Withdraw Consent
You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data.
(1) You can also unsubscribe from marketing messages through the methods provided in the marketing emails.
(2) You can exercise your data subject rights by contacting us as set out in section 7.
Right of Objection
You can object to the processing of your data for certain purposes such as direct marketing.
You can exercise your data subject rights by contacting us as set out in section 7.
Right to Restrict Processing
You can restrict the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
You have the right to request for restriction of the processing of your data in section 7 under the following scenarios:
If you need to exercise your privacy rights, lodge a complaint, or consult with our Data Protection Officer (DPO) about privacy protection, please contact us by visiting the Privacy Questions page. We will reply as soon as possible.
You can also contact our European Data Protection Officer at the following address:
Honor DPO Office
Honor Technologies Germany GmbH
Toulouser Allee 27
If you believe that we are not processing your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Statement or the applicable data protection laws, you can lodge a complaint with the data protection authority.
We encourage you to regularly check for the latest version of this Privacy Statement on the website and/or the app settings as we may update it from time to time. In the event of material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by means of notification dialogs, pushing messages, emails, and so on, depending on the nature of the change.